If you read my posts on my goals for 2018, then you know that one of my most important goals for this year is to write as much as possible. As such, I will be creating a great deal of content for this blog. I have exciting plans for the year ahead, including:
1. I will post entries on general topics at least twice per week, on Tuesdays and Fridays.
I have loads of ideas for potential series, such as:
- Living with cancer and surviving during chemotherapy
- Mental health and Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (CBT)
- Techniques and tools for self-improvement
- Career development and learning new skills (mostly depends on how I’m feeling)
- “Me and …” where I discuss significant developments in my life and how I currently feel about them
- My de-cluttering journey
- Progress updates on my goals for 2018
2. I will post reviews of video games I play, books and manga I read, and TV series and movies I watch.
At the moment, I have the Media Round-up format, where I plan to write 2-4 short reviews and post them in one long entry per week. This format makes sense for now as I like to keep album reviews short and a lot of the other media I have been consuming has been on the shorter side. I may change this format in the future, however, depending on whether I feel like I’m able to say what I want to say without writing posts that are 2000 words long. It’s possible that I may write a few more substantial reviews as regular Tuesday/Friday posts if I feel like whatever I am reviewing deserves a little more attention.
3. I will be updating the visual style.
I’m quite new to WordPress and I’m terrible at web design, but I would like to experiment with customizing Stand and see if I can make it a bit more representative of my personality. I think the experience will be valuable for me and make the blog look a lot nicer. It’s not bad right now, just very simple, and I think it could look much better.
4. Include more images.
I have never been a photo taking person, but I would like to start learning a bit more about photography and including more photographs and images into Stand’s content. I also plan to start actually using my Instagram account, which I hope to integrate into the site.
I am so excited to get started on making Stand something that I can really be proud of. I hope that all of you reading this will be able to learn something new or find something to entertain you here. Let’s have a creative and peaceful 2018!